This course is designed to enhance the Algebra skills of each student. The course will begin with a review of Pre-Algebra concepts and continue on towards more advanced topics. For the majority of the course, students will be learning various methods of solving equations. It is necessary to develop proficiency in order to move on in mathematics. The course will be supplemented with real life application problems. All topics covered will lead to the Keystone Test at the end of Algebra B. Proficiency in the Keystone Test is a graduation requirement.
1. Be Prepared For Class
· Writing Instrument
· In Seat at the Bell
2. Be on Time
3. Stay on Task
4. Be Respectful of Others – No Arguments
5. Follow Directions
6. Follow Technology Policy
COURSE ASSIGNMENTS AND GRADING
Your grade will be determined by the following weights.
Tests – 50%
Quizzes – 25%
Projects - 15%
Classwork/Homework – 10%
Grades will be determined by a combination of assessments
· Warm/Ups – problems will be on the board for you to solve when you enter the room.
· Quizzes – most quizzes are announced, however the teacher reserves the right to give unannounced quizzes
· In-classwork – there will be times during the course that in-class assignments are distributed and collected for grades
· Chapter Essential Questions – Questions pertaining to the each day’s topic will be collected
· Projects or groupwork
· Chapter Test – every chapter will have a chapter test worth between 50 and 100 points
I am available for extra help. Please see me to make arrangements.
It is your responsibility to make – up all required notes, homework, quizzes, assignments, projects and test when you return to school after an absence. Arrangement for make-up work must be made within the allowed school policy.